Patterns in Software Engineering (2014 / 2015)
Professor: Prof. Bernd Brügge, Ph.D.
Instructors: Tobias Roehm, Emitzá Guzmán, Barbara Reichart
You will learn the principles of patterns in software development and the structure of pattern-based software systems. You will also become familiar how to apply patterns in a variety of problem situations and how handle the patterns in concrete applications. You will practice application of the patterns in exercises during the lecture.
Note the special course format: Lectures and Exercise are not separate, they are heavily intertwined. The course blends exercises with the lecture: the exercises are being held in the class room right after the pattern is introduced.
Time and Location
There will be no repeat exam.
- Course description in TUMOnline (tba)
- For slide downloads and discussion regarding class, access the PSE Moodle Course (tba)
- Module Number: IN2081 (Module Description)
- Prerequisite: "Introduction to Software Engineering" (Module IN0006)
- C. Alexander, S. Ishikawa, and M. Silverstein, A Pattern Language: Towns, Buildings, Construction, Oxford University Press, 1977
- C. Alexander, The Timeless Way of Building, Oxford University Press, 1979.
- S.W. Ambler, Process Patterns: Building Large-Scale Systems Using Object Technology, Cambridge University Press, 1998.
- W.J. Brown, H.W. McCormick, and S.W. Thomas, Anti-Patterns and Patterns in Software Configuration Management, John Wiley & Sons, 1999.
B. Bruegge and A. H. Dutoit, Object-Oriented Software Engineering Using UML, Patterns, and Java, 3rd ed. Prentice Hall, 2009.
- F. Buschmann, R. Meunier, H. Rohnert, P. Sommerlad, and M. Stal, Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture Volume 1: A System of Patterns, Wiley, 1996.
- A. Elssamadisy, Agile Adoption Patterns: A Roadmap to Organizational Success, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2008.
- M. Fowler, Analysis Patterns Reusable Object Models, Addison Wesley, 1996.
- E. Freeman, B. Bates, and K. Sierra, Head First Design Patterns, O'Reilly Media, Inc., 2004.
- R.P. Gabriel, Patterns of Software: Tales from the Software Community, Oxford University Press, USA, 1998.
- E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, and J. Vlissides, Design patterns: elements of reusable object-oriented software, Addison Wesley, 1995.
- J. Thomas, M. Young, K. Brown, and A. Glover, Java Testing Patterns, Wiley, 2004.